Resources for Job Training and Job Seekers in East Contra Costa County
3102 Delta Fair Blvd, Antioch (925) 776-1133
- Job Training and Placement Program: 12-week full-time training for clerical occupations, followed by paid internship; apply in January, May, or September.
- Technology Center: evenings, Mon-Thurs, free computer basics classes, English as a Second Language, drop-in computer use.
3105 Willow Pass Road, Bay Point (in partnership with Community Career Center)
- Career Development Services: workshops, case management, career assessment, referrals to short-term training.
211 Directory: dial 2-1-1 on your phone for information about local health and social services.
Help with finding a job, and also with career planning, job training and transition solutions to re-enter the workforce. Call or check on-line calendar for schedule of Career Center Orientations.
- Antioch One-Stop Career Center, 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., (925) 706-4830
- Brentwood One-Stop Career Center, 281 Pine Street, (925) 634-2195
- Concord One-Stop Career Center, 4071 Port Chicago Highway, Suite 250 (925) 671-4500
- San Pablo One-Stop Career Center ,2300 El Portal Drive, Suite B,(510) 412-6740
Various career training programs available to anyone 16 years of age or older, (925) 942-3436
2701 West 10th Street, Antioch, (925) 706-9024
Paid on-the-job training for retail sales, warehouse and truck driving.
3656 Delta Fair Blvd. Antioch (925) 754-7700
Assists Californians with disabilities to obtain/retain employment
(800) 733-JOBS or (800) 733-5627 Academic and Career Technical training for 16-25 year olds in Sacramento and Treasure Island.
Outreach Office 925-439-2181 ext. 3383, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; Counseling Office: 925-439-2181 ext. 3334. Certificate programs include the Process Technology Program and the Green Building Technology program.
(510) 234-1300, www.stridecenter.org; locations include the Michael Chavez Center in Concord; prepares students for Certified Computer Technician and other careers in the information technology field.
Adult Education - Pittsburg, Antioch, Brentwood
These programs are not free, but training funds may be available through the Career Centers. See web sites for latest Career Technical Education programs.
1151 Stoneman Ave., Pittsburg, (925) 473-4460
820 W. Second St., Antioch (925) 706-5365
SparkPoint East Contra Costa
At the Ambrose Community Center, 3105 Willow Pass Road, Bay Point; (925) 252-2300, sparkpointcenters.org. SparkPoint Centers help families create step-by-step plans to tackle their unique needs, and connect them to services to address each one.
|• Credit Counseling/Repair
• Job Placement/Training
• Career Development
• Higher Education
• One on One Financial Coaching
|• Business Development
• Benefit Screenings
• Individual Development Accounts
• Home Ownership
• Free Tax Preparation