As part of our continued effort to increase our alumni services, we are creating a regular program to assist those alumni most active in their job search.
As part of this program you will get:
- Priority consideration for new job postings and openings
- Priority access to Alumni Coordinator and Business Services Manager
- Weekly special workshops to help with the job search. Possible topics include: Resume tailoring, Employer Spotlights, Relieving the job search stress, Networking 101, Interviewing refresher, Social media training, SparkPoint.
- Access to a job seekers group led by Director of Counseling
- Attendance with staff at job fairs and other tabling opportunities
Requirements of the Alumni Job Seekers Program include:
- Attendance at the weekly meeting (Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.)
- Commitment to checking email regularly and responding to staff requests
- Spending a minimum of 2 hours per week (in addition to the meeting hour) at the alumni center looking for work or practicing the MOS or volunteering for OJ in some capacity (computer tutors, reception tutors, staffing services jobs, volunteers, etc.)
Call or email Michelle Wade (925)776-1133 to learn more.