At Opportunity Junction, we believe that everyone who is willing to work hard deserves an opportunity to succeed. We help low-income residents of East Contra Costa, most of them living below the poverty line, gain the skills and confidence they need to get and keep jobs that support themselves and their families. The work is intensely rewarding.
We are seeking a data analyst to join our team and lead our data collection, impact analysis, and learning efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in our custom Salesforce implementation, the successful candidate will implement and oversee efforts to track, measure, analyze, improve, and report on our strategies and impact. This position will provide thought partnership regarding impact and assessment to the Leadership Team.
Founded in 2000, Opportunity Junction now has a budget of more than $2 million and five programs serving almost 1,000 residents annually: our flagship Job Training and Placement Program (JTPP), individualized Career Counseling and Placement Assistance (CCPA), the youth-serving Road Map to College, the evening Technology Center, and Do-It-Yourself Tax Assistance. Opportunity Junction has been honored with the Bank of America Neighborhood Builder's award in 2012, the Tipping Point Award in 2013, and the 2017 Chair of the Board Award from the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors. Particular points of pride include our relationships with program alumni, our use of data to demonstrate impact and source ideas for program improvement, and our openness to innovation. Learn more about us at http://www.OpportunityJunction.org.
- Serve as a resource to program-level staff on data management and performance management practices, and relevant statistical concepts.
- Source ideas for program changes from monitoring data.
- Lead efforts to monitor programs, participants, and performance in our Salesforce database:
- Training and guidance of program staff in tracking participants, demographics, and outcomes.
- Quality assurance of the data entered by program staff.
- Implementing data tracking of employer and job seeker satisfaction.
- Adding validation rules, shortcuts, reports, and processes to make data entry less onerous to staff, more accurate, and more useful.
- Undertake special projects, including advancing our partnership with the Employment Development Department and Tipping Point Community.
Key competencies for the position, developed through any combination of education and experience:
- Data Analysis: Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies, or aptitude to learn these methodologies and strong analytical skills.
- Technology: Proficiency in Excel and Google Apps. Wish list: Experience using statistical packages and data presentation software like Tableau.
- Relationship Building: Able to maintain good working relationships while holding the organization accountable for data entry and monitoring.
- Communication: Able to communicate clearly with staff and outside partners in writing, and able to interpret complex data for stakeholders. Preferred: Ability to clearly present information using PowerPoint.
- Salesforce administration and development: Ability to develop and implement workflows, validation rules, formula fields, and reports with understanding of the relationships among the standard objects. Special consideration for candidates who are already familiar with NPSP 3.0, Apex programming and VisualForce pages, and/or Salesforce-to-Salesforce.
Instructions for Applying:
- Use the subject line "Data Analyst - YOUR NAME".
- Please include only a short introductory email and attach as a Word (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), or Rich Text (.rtf) document:
- Your resume; and
- A cover letter that demonstrates your qualifications for and interest in this particular position.
All content © 2018 Opportunity Junction, Inc.
3102 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch, CA 94509, phone (925) 776-1133
Opportunity Junction is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, Tax ID 68-0459131.