Careers at Opportunity Junction
Working at Opportunity Junction is more than a job-it's a rewarding life experience. We connect personally with each other and our clients, who become members of the OJ family. Opportunity Junction is recognized as an innovative leader in client service. Our culture is nimble, and we implement best practices, embrace new opportunities, and constantly learn from and make changes based on experience.
"Our primary commitment as an organization is to our clients' long-term success and that translates to the staff as a whole. We care about each other, our lives, our commitments, our outcomes."
One of our core values is relationships. We value our relationship with clients, partners, and each other. The office is warm and welcoming. OJ is a great place to work because staff members care about your well-being and personal growth.
We are seeking a Development Director to join our fundraising team (the Executive Director and the Grant Writer). To be a good fit, you’ll need to have excellent communications skills and strong organizational and people skills. There is only limited administrative support for this position (occasional/rotating job training interns), so you’ll be hands on in every project, from researching donors and stewarding them to assigning the seating for the annual Gala. (The percentage breakdown of revenue sources is in our annual report.)
Key competencies for the position, developed through any combination of education and experience:
- Communication: Able to write compelling, grammatical prose, and to conduct presentations and share organization’s mission and impact with confidence, enthusiasm and passion.
- Quantitative analysis: Ability to set and track quantitative goals, measure performance against goals/metrics, and generate meaning and conclusions from data.
- Relationship building: Able to build rapport with volunteers, donors, and funders.
- Project management: Able to plan and execute on extended multi-faceted events, campaigns and projects.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to approach challenges creatively, team with other staff to develop solutions, and flexibly change tactics as needed.
- Technology: Proficient in Word and Excel, able to learn to use Salesforce to generate reports and to track opportunities, activities, deadlines and outcomes, and able to learn and use a variety of web-based communications and productivity platforms.
- Proven experience in fundraising, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend functions.
- Possession of a current and valid driver’s license.
- Possession of an automobile, with insurance, and willingness to travel throughout Contra Costa County.
- Commitment to our mission of fighting poverty by helping low-income Contra Costa residents gain the skills and confidence to get and keep jobs that support themselves and their families.
Responsibilities will include:
- In partnership with Executive Director and Grant Writer, establish annual fund development goals, potential donors, and fund development strategy.
- Staff the board’s Marketing Committee, work with board members to help and encourage them to meet their personal fundraising goals, and support other fundraising volunteers (including our gala team).
- Lead and co-develop marketing materials including our bimonthly email newsletter and our annual report.
- Lead and co-develop our end-of-year fundraising, including both snail mail and email campaigns.
- Event planning and execution, including an annual donor appreciation event and our annual gala fundraiser.
Salary range is $75,000-$90,000, commensurate with fit and experience, and benefits include 16 days of paid holidays along with a starting vacation accrual of 3 weeks per year.
Instructions for Applying:
- Use the subject line Development Director.
- Please include only a short introductory email and attach as Word (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), or Rich Text (.rtf) documents: your resume, and a cover letter that demonstrates your qualifications for and interest in this particular position.
All content © 2019 Opportunity Junction, Inc. 3102 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch, CA 94509, phone (925) 776-1133 Opportunity Junction is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, Tax ID 68-0459131.