Free Computer and ESL Classes and Technology Center Information
and ESL Classes
Opportunity Junction offers free classes to help you personally and professionally. These classes are not designed to lead to employment.
Our classes are currently being offered online only, via Zoom.
- Learn the Basics of Website Building:
(Two-Part Series) - December 8 & December 15
- Learn how to build a website from scratch using free drag-and-drop website builders like Wix, Weebly, WordPress and Google Sites. This course will teach you how to go from no prior coding knowledge to crafting your own websites with these simple tools.
- Sessions will be from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Comfortable using drag-and-drop web-based apps on a browser.
- No software programming skills required just an eagerness to learn and an eye for design inspiration!
- Microsoft Excel 3: November 28 through December 15
- Classes held on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays 7:30-9:00 PM.
- Requirements: Successful completion of MS Excel 2 or instructor permission.
- Microsoft Word Basics: December 5 through December 21
- Classes held on Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 PM-7:30 PM.
- Must have a working version of Microsoft Word 2016 or later version installed in your computer before your first class
- ESL is ongoing with open enrollment. (Spanish below)
- Aprenda Inglés Gratis. El Centro está temporalmente cerrado, pero las clases se ofrecen en línea, a través de Zoom.
- Lunes/Jueves: 6:00-7:30 P.M. o 7:30-9:00 P.M.
- Para más información: (925) 776-1133
Before the first class, participants will be required to have:
- A high-speed internet provider. Comcast or equivalent.
- A working web camera and microphone.
- For Excel, a computer with Excel 2016 or later version installed (Google Sheets is NOT sufficient).
- For PowerPoint Basics and Word Basics classes, a computer with MS Powerpoint and MS Word 2016 or later installed.
- For Online Document Management and Collaboration class, a Google account is required.
Sign Up, Today
- First, sign up here for the class you want.
If you want to attend multiple classes, sign up separately for each class you want.
- Then "sign" our CDBG form that will be emailed to you via DocuSign
- To keep your place, you must be on time for the first session of the class.
- We send an email that confirms your spot. If you don't have email or have questions, email Nadya at
Free Typing Test
We are offering free typing tests online. If you are interested, sign up here, and select Typing Test as the class. Nadya will reach out to you to schedule the test and send you the required CDBG form, which can be signed electronically via DocuSign prior to taking the test.
Our Technology Center (temporarily closed due to COVID 19) offers evening access to computers and the Internet. When our office reopens, our normal Technology Center hours are: Monday through Thursday from 5 pm - 9 pm.