Free Do-It-Yourself Tax Assistance Information
FREE DO-IT-YOURSELF TAX ASSISTANCE
Need your refund fast? We are still helping people file their own taxes for free! But it looks a little different this year.
This year, we can help you file your own taxes via Zoom! Experienced trainers will lead you through a simple online tool called Tax Slayer as a group in Zoom. We will use break out rooms for one-on-one support as well.
The service is free for all tax filers this year! We are aware that the tax filing deadline has been extended to May 17. Unfortunately, we can only offer this free service until April 17.
Documents to Bring to Your Zoom Appointment:
- Social security numbers for you and your dependents
- All W-2 forms for the year from all employers
- Last year's tax return, if you filed.
- If applicable, childcare and dependent care expenses, including the name, address, phone number, and Tax ID number of the childcare provider
- Name, address, and telephone number of your landlord
- Any tax forms you received about educational expenses for you and your dependents
- Form 1095 showing that you have health insurance
- Checking and Savings account information for direct deposit (fastest)